Monday, December 10, 2007

An exciting Sunday Evening

My dad & my father-in-law were always aganist flying kites..they did have a reason though .They felt we guys wud climb up trees or lamp posts & wud land up hurting ourselves.
Having worked in government organizations or whtever be the reason they shared almost the same mentality in terms of out door games.My hubby would peek-a-boo with his cousin Karthik during his childhood days & was upto all sorts of mischief.
Never did my bro nor I flew a kite during our childhood since we had our granny who was dad's spy...Now that we are married & all settled I rekindled my hubby about the idea of flying kite & he spontaneosly brought 3 kites of differnt colours.Post our lunch Praveen,Jaggu Uncle,my hubby & I were all up at the terrace which was neatly laid by mosaic tiles & there were began our stunts...

It was a sunday evening
There comes San all grinning

There was a kite in his hand
Which made me say "Your my lovely husbaaand"

The sky was bright and hot
And San asked me to get rice from the pot

As Jaggu uncle instructed
The kite's accessories were all constructed

Praveen elevated it from the neighbouring house
Being unnoticed like a mouse

As Sanju tried his skills in soaring
Praveen's cell kept roaring

The kite rose high in style
and I was admiring my San mean while

I held the thread with great caution
Hurting my finger by its fast motion

The kite flew to a great height
And It was out of everyone's sight

Finally we walked down
Like the Heros of the tinsel town

Alas I love flying kite
Which makes us all feel lite....

No comments:

Post a Comment