Wednesday, July 16, 2008

The actual ME!!

As I was drving to work this morning with my husband beside me.He asked me this question "How would you like it if we settle in US or be there for a while?" I said well in terms of savings not much as we are able to do the same here may be a lil more or less.But true it would be great to live in a place where the quality of life is good,traffic & lane discipline is awesome & ya if we plan to have kids in the near future we might as well make life easy for them if they want to pursue their higher studies in US.His next question was..how would you take it having to manage the house all by yourself ,prepare breakfast,lunch, dinner ofcourse yaa with my help? I answered saying well it will be a learning curve for me & I would learn from my mistakes & mature eventually..he smiled to this & I knew he was reminded of how he struggles to get me out of the bed every morning..He finally asked this question to which I pretended to give a smart answer but latter emotions gave me a jolt eventually..How would you take it not being able to see yours & my parents ? I replied "Well we have to move on with life as we grow & yeah if the need be it we have to adapt" ..I thought my husband was impressed with how I looked at life & at things practically...I knew what I had answered was not from my heart...there was silence for a while & then he said "Do you remember the night in our honeymoon,you cried because you missed your parents..do you remember the day when my mother had been out of station & you hugged me & cried saying that your missing your mil" I was rendered speechless now ....I still remember my husabnd tried every possible way to keep me comfortable & happy in our honeymoon to switzerland ,he never refused anything I wanted to buy or to eat or he actually never said "NO" to anything..we were in the best place on the earth ,no work,no tension,no deadlines no nothing but I missed my parents..& I just couldnt stop crying though San tried all possible way to console me.I felt better only after I called home & spoke to my parents. I also remember this day when my MIL was leaving to Kancheepuram for about 4 days & we hugged each other before she left & we said miss you to each other & I cried as I walked into the house feeling a huge vaccum.I missed the glass of milk that she would keep for me every morning & night. I missed our conversations after work. I missed everything about her. I realised how emotionally dependent I was on my loved ones. It really made me weak....We reached my office by then as all those days just flashed across my eyes making it damp.I then turned to my husband as I stopped the car & told him "I hope you wont let me go through the same bad days again,will you?!!" for which he smiled as I moved out & he said bye, take care ,have a good day ,I love you & moved to the driver's seat.. leaving me repeat my everyday dialogue..call me when you reach office,drive slowly,love you too...

2 comments: