Monday, July 14, 2008

Life as it appears

Life is all full of unplanned surprises.We hope for certain things to happen our way but when reality hits us its very different.I have been married for the past 8 months now.Im quite sure that situations and circumstances would affect even the most practical of dreams but then again I have never been a practical person.As any other girl I dreamt of marrying a person who would help me to cook,clean the house,arrange my wardrobe,put clothes in the washing machine,encourage me to drive,give me a good morning kiss & hug ,a good night kiss & hug... , a shoulder for me to rest ,someone who can read my face & understand whats running on my mind,someone who can correct me when Im wrong without humiliating,who is humourous,organised & planned .....
I thought marriage was about spending hours chatting & talking or not,but being bound together by invisible strings of our love entwined to make us one.I thought it was about every call to each other ending with "I Love you" & "I Love you too".I thought marriage meant that every moment of our life we would spend together-if not physically but emotionally , so that even when far apart we could sense each other close by...
And luckily it has been much more than that...
Yesterday San & I spent the day at home.Not doing anything interesting in particular but just relaxing.After sleeping in until almost the middle of the day we had our brunch & it was fun as we dried the clothes out of the washing machine.Sometime around evening we decided to cook. An omlette burger to be precise.And while it was not the hardest of the things to make it was a lot of fun as we tried to overfeed each other ;) I recollect this incident when San was multitasking in preparing chapatis for lunch & dosa for breakfast while I returned from my bath just to see myself fall in love with him again...This also reminds me of the nights while I pretend to sleep when he is busy with work & enjoy his warm kiss & gentle hug while he slips himself slowly under the quilt Im in ,as he hopes that he doesnt disturb me hehehehe!!.We do steal a lot of moments while my inlaws are away from our visibilty & land up giving a sheepish look when they appear from no where..its all fun!!!
I remember this incident where San was sitting in the hall talking to some relatives & I was in the next room where no one could see me nor could I see them but for San.I kept passing flying kisses to San everytime he looked into the room for me which was like once every 2 seconds & he was trying every possible way to control himself..little did i expect to see my mil right behind me..my husband noticed that & continued to smile as he nodded to the conversation leaving me feel embarassed to the core as my mil walked by smiling at me...
It happens everytime over dinner while San & I keep winking at each other assuming no one notices us & when my FIL pop-up with some question we look at him with a stupid smile..having realised he was talking to us all this while :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment