Friday, July 4, 2008

Memories of July 2nd

It was the same day last year
As we stayed desperate to see each other
Though our souls were very near
You were miles away from me my dear

Two months of sleepless nights
With lonely battles having to fight!!
My eyes waited see the break of dawn light
As I prayed for your safe flight

As we four looked through heads
Me with a single red-rose held
Then appeared my man in a codroy brown clad
As his eyes searched for me with love,tears & glad

Lost for words and actions we were
While my dad gave you a hug like a bear
As our eyes couldn’t take off each others stare
It was a moment of treasure and rare

As I gave you the rose so fresh & delicate
Our cheeky smiles said today we date
While we headed towards the exit gate
You gifted me the purple elephant & I loved the trait

Least bothered of the jetlag you had
We roamed around the city like mad
Being happier than a newly grad
Funny we acted when we saw your dad

Today as we are happily & cheerfully wed
Our love & care for eachother is beyond said
As we thank God for the way he led
We pray to be angels of love spread!!

No comments:

Post a Comment